Blackjack, otherwise known as twenty-one, is a gambling game played between a dealer and player. It is one of the most exhilarating USA casino online games to play. Hit a 21 from your first two cards for an instant win with the best blackjack casinos. Online blackjack casinos offer players different variants to experience.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos 2020
100% up to $300
+ 300 Free Spins
1300+ Slots and 98% Payout
100% up to $800
400+ Slots and 98% Payout
100% up to $1500
500+ Slots and 98% Payout
100% up to $1600
500+ Games and 98% Payout
200% MATCH BONUS
700+ Games and 98% Payout
Most Popular Online Blackjack Variants
European Online Blackjack
European blackjack draws from the original game, with a few differences. The game derived from Europe, which is where it got its name from. The most noticeable differences in this variant include;
- The dealer will only draw his second card after the player stands.
- Players have the option to double down on 9, 10, and 11 or after a split.
- Players can only split once.
- The blackjack player loses their hand when the dealer has a natural blackjack.
- Cards are dealt face-up to the player.
- Dealers must hit on a hand of 17 or less.
Pontoon Online Blackjack
Pontoon is a blackjack game originating from the UK. The game uses the same rules as classic blackjack, with a few minor changes. Here are some of the differences you may come across.
- Anything between two and eight decks of cards may be used.
- Dealer’s cards are dealt face-down.
- Players who have 5 cards adding up to 21 or less will result in a win. The payout is 2:1.
- Players have the option to buy on any 2, 3, or 4 cards.
- Players have the option to twist after they buy.
- Players must twist on any hand total of 17 or lower.
- Players must twist on any hand total of 14 or lower.
- Dealers may not peak to see what cards they have been dealt, until the blackjack player is finished playing their hand.
- A tie results in the player winning.
Spanish 21 Online Blackjack
Spanish 21 offers an even more intense game. The house edge of Spanish 21 is increased slightly. However, to favour the players, there are a few added bonuses and higher payouts. Some of the differences this blackjack game offers include;
- The 10s are removed from the deck of cards. This gives the house an added advantage.
- After any hit to split, doubling down is permitted.
- If a blackjack player doubles down, they must double the original bet amount placed.
- Option for players to split up to 4 blackjack hands.
- Players can surrender at any point, against the dealer. If the dealer has a natural 21, players may not surrender.
- Players are permitted to surrender after doubling down. Here, players will receive their double down bet back, but the original bet will be lost.
- Insurance bets are allowed.
- Players have the option to place two side bets; Super Bonus Bet and a bet that your hand (the blackjack player) is higher than the dealers.
Super Fan 21
Super Fan 21 blackjack is very much like classic blackjack. There are some differences when it comes to the payouts with the variant.
- Players are permitted to split up to four times.
- Players are allowed to double down, even after splitting.
- The late surrender side bet is available.
- A natural blackjack pays out even money.
- If players have 5 or 6 cards adding up to 21 or less, they will receive a payout.
- In the event of a tie result, players will receive their money back.
- Player’s have the chance to take on the role of the dealer.
Single Deck Blackjack
Single deck blackjack is another exciting variation players will find at the best casino sites. This variation offers some unique features which favour the players.
- Players cards are dealt face up.
- The dealer’s cards are dealt one face up and face down.
- There is an option to split when cards of the same value are dealt.
- If the dealer’s up card is an Ace, players have the option to take out the insurance bet.
- Dealer must hit on a soft 17 hand.
- There is an option to double down.
How to Play Online Blackjack
- Place bets
- Press deal button
- Play your hand.
- Banker plays their hand.
- Winnings paid out.
- Card collected.
Online Blackjack Rules
- Blackjack is when the first two cards dealt totalling 21. For example an Ace and 10-value card.
- A natural blackjack win pays 3:1.
- Any other win pays out 1:1.
- Only one deck of cards is used in the classic game. However, some blackjack variations may differ.
Online Blackjack Card Count
- Blackjack is: Ace + Any card with a value of 10
- A blackjack win pays 3 to 1
- A normal win pays 1 to 1
- Six decks are used in blackjack. However, this may vary with different variants
- Splits can only be done on up to 3 blackjack hands
Online Blackjack Tips Real Money
- Never take insurance as it is just a side bet and will lose you money
- Always Split Aces and 8’s.
- Never Split 10’s, 5’s or 4’s.
- In most cases, if the dealer has a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, they are most likely to bust
- If a dealer has a 7 or higher, they are more likely to get between 18 and 21
More Online Blackjack Tutorials
Best Online Blackjack Strategy Chart
|Player Hand||Dealer Hand|
|Splits||A & A||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP|
|2 &2 3& 3||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||H||H||H||H|
|4 & 4||H||H||H||SP||SP||H||H||H||H||H|
|5 & 5 NS||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||H||H|
|6 & 6||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||H||H||H||H||H|
|7 & 7||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||H||H||H||H|
|8 & 8||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP|
|9 & 9||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||S||S|
|10 & 10 NS||S||S||S||S||S||S||S||S||S||S|
|H = HIT, S = STAND, D = DOUBLE DOWN, SP = SPLIT, NS = NEVER SPLIT|
Online Blackjack Game Explained
Blackjack is a casino game where players are in the driver’s seat. The decisions they make can impact the outcome of the game. Below are some of the decisions players may need to make and what they mean. Some options such as the double down, split, insurance, and surrender may only be available in certain blackjack games.
Players will choose this option when they are satisfied with their hand total. In online blackjack, players will select the stand button from the gameplay screen.
This option allows players to increase their bet while playing out their hand. This bet amount cannot be higher than the original bet placed. Doubling down will also give players an additional card.
If the first two cards dealt have the same value, in some blackjack casino games, players may have the option to split these cards into two separate hands. When choosing to split the first two cards, the bet amount will be doubled.
Insurance bets are bets players may have the option to place when the dealer’s face down card is the value of 10. This bet risks half your original bet. It is a bet taken against the dealer having a natural blackjack. If the dealer does have a natural blackjack, players will get only half of their bet instead of the full bet. However, if you also have a natural blackjack, it will result in a tie.
A bet allowing players to withdraw from the round, as long as their hand total is less than 21.
Online Blackjack FAQs
Is it legal to play blackjack online?
Yes, online blackjack is legal. Playing for real money online is legal. There are no laws against playing online blackjack. Play blackjack online with the top online blackjack casinos.
Can I play online blackjack for free?
Yes, you can. Top blackjack casinos offer players the option to try blackjack variants in demo mode or for real money. Free blackjack allows players to test the casino games before spending real money.
Can I play blackjack with a live dealer?
You most certainly can. One of the greatest online gambling innovations is the introduction of live dealer games. This provides a live stream for players to interact with real-life humans and enjoy the best blackjack games as if they were in an actual casino.
Is it possible to count cards with online blackjack?
Yes, you can count cards with online blackjack. However, the deck of cards is shuffled after every hand, before a new hand is dealt.
Classic Blackjack Terms
Bust: Hand total exceeding 21.
Card Counting: A blackjack skill of keeping track of the cards left at the blackjack table.
Chips: Round discs with monetary value used to place wagers within this card game.
Deck: A standard deck of 52 cards used in a game of blackjack.
Early Surrender: When a player decides to forfeit half of his bet early in the round while the dealer checks for a natural blackjack.
Hit: Asking the dealer to draw another card.
House Edge: The advantage a casino has over blackjack players.
Late Surrender: Forfeiting the game but only after the dealer checked for blackjack.
Natural: Another term to describe getting a total of 21 from the first two cards drawn.
Paint: Another term to describe picture cards (Jack, King, & Queen).
Shoe: The box found on the blackjack table where the cards are drawn from.
Shuffle: Mixing up the cards before dealing them.
Twenty-one: Another term to describe the blackjack game.
Up-card: Cards are that facing up on the table for everyone to see the value.
Play Real Money Blackjack
Online blackjack is the internet casino version of the original blackjack game. The roots of blackjack trace back to the classic parlour tables and royal courts of 18th Century. Today modern blackjack has been reinvented with a high-tech 21st Century twist! Both single hand and multi-hand versions of blackjack are available to play at the best online casino.
Other Online Blackjack Related Games Guides
- Casino games
- Online baccarat
- Online craps
- Online roulette
- Online slots
- Table games
- Progressive jackpots