Blackjack is one of the most popular casino table games in the world, and has been for many years. Because we want you to enjoy your stay at Crazy Vegas, we’ve put together a little ‘How To’ to help you step up your game. Check out the tips and tricks listed below, and you’ll be on your way to life in the winners’ circle in no time:
Follow these rules when your hard hand totals:
- Five to eight – Hit your hand against any dealer up card.
- Nine – Double against a dealer two through six, and hit seven through ace.
- 10 – Double against a dealer two through nine.
- 11 – Double against a dealer two through 10.
- 12 to 16 – Hit against a dealer seven through ace, otherwise, stand.
- 17 to 21 – Always stand.
Follow these rules when your soft hand (with an ace) totals:
- 13 to 15 – Hit.
- 16 and 17 – Double against a dealer two through six, otherwise hit.
- 18 – Double against a dealer two through six, stand against a seven or eight, hit against nine, 10 or ace.
- 19 to 21 – Always stand.
- Always split aces and eights.
- Never split fours, fives, or 10s.
- Split nines except against sevens, 10s and aces.
- Split twos, threes, sixes and sevens against two through seven, hit sixes and sevens against seven through ace.
- Take insurance unless you are playing with several people and see no 10s out on the layout, otherwise, forget about this bet.
- Use surrender except when you have a 15 against a 10 and when you have 16 against a nine, 10 or ace.
- Be rude to the other players or the dealer, they are trying to enjoy themselves just like you are. The dealer does not control the cards – you control what you bet, when, and at what table.
- The dealer is your friend. If they don’t act like it, find another dealer.
- Bet more when you are losing to chase your money, that’s a sure way to bury yourself and your bankroll.
- Remember that blackjack is a great game and more fun when you play well.
- Try to memorize the rules for winning.
- Make an occasional “toke” bet for the dealer, or hand them a chip for their efforts at an actual casino venue.
- Remember that you are in complete control of how long you play.
- Raise your bets a little when you are winning.
- Quit playing when you reach your pre-set win level or are not enjoying yourself.
To find about more about blackjack, see: