Craps is a casino game that is quickly becoming more widely available as cash online craps. Online craps casinos are beginning to offer real cash craps to players all over the world. This is the same craps you’re used to playing at land casinos, only on a virtual platform. Craps is played the exact same way online, with only one minor difference. Using random number generator software, players don’t physically roll a dice. Instead, this software generates a non-predetermined and totally random dice outcome. All players need to do is place their bets on the craps table and let the computers do the rest.
Craps is a game with a variety of bets that can seem a bit confusing at first. However, when playing craps online it becomes a lot easier to manage. Online craps casinos like Crazy Vegas also offer a great welcome bonus for new players. This tops up their bankroll during a session of real money craps upon making certain deposits. The benefits of playing craps online are endless and learning the craps game will only benefit you more.
Learn to Play Craps with Crazy Vegas Casino
Craps is typically played at a fast-pace in bricks and mortar casinos. However, online craps casinos allow you to play at your own pace and budget. Lower wagering requirements mean craps is now available to all kinds of players. However, before you place your bets, you need to know what the best craps bet is for beginners and experts. The best craps bet is made on the pass line. The pass line has a choice between either the pass line bet or the don’t pass line bet.
Pass line bet
The pass line bet is the most basic of bets in the game of craps. This bet requires that players roll either a 7 or 11 to win on the come-out roll. However, the pass line bet loses if a 2 or 3 is rolled. If any other number is rolled, that number becomes the point. The point must then be rolled before rolling a 7.
Don’t pass line bet
The don’t pass line bet is the exact opposite of the pass line bet. The only difference here is that players need to roll a 2, 3 or 12 to win. That means that rolling a 7 or 11 causes all bets on the don’t pass line to lose. If a point is established, a 7 must be rolled before rolling the point again.
List of Bets in Craps
Craps bets offer a wider variety of bets than almost any other casino game. Now that you know the basic bets of the craps game, here is a list of all the other bets you can make:
Come Bets: These are bets that can only be placed after the point is established. Rolling a 7 or 11 after placing a come bet means you win. However, if a 2, 3 or 12 is rolled, you lose. Rolling any other number makes this your point number for the come bet.
Don’t Come Bets: These bets lose if a 7 or 11 is rolled but win if a 2 or 3 is rolled. Rolling anything else establishes the point. You can only win during a point if you roll a 7 before rolling the point.
Place Bets: Place bets wager on a specific number from the range between 4 and 10. Rolling the number chosen before rolling a 7 results in a win. You can also use a place bet to wager on rolling a 7 before rolling a number between 4 and 10 which you choose.
Buy Bets: Buy bets are the same as place bets, but with a higher payout and a 5% commission.
Lay Bets: This is the opposite of the buy bet in that players are required to roll a 7 before their selected number. This bet also comes with a 5% commission.
Big 6 or 8: These bets are won by rolling any 6 before a 7 or any 8 before a 7.
Hard-ways: These bets require players to roll a double before rolling a 7.
Field Bets: Field bets are determined by the immediate next roll. If a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12 is rolled, you win. If a 5,6, 7, or 8 is rolled, you lose.
Proposition Bets: There are several types of proposition bets which are decided on the next roll. Players win this bet by choosing and then rolling the following outcomes: Any 7, Any 11, Any Craps, Any Deuce, Aces, or Boxcar.
Craps Strategy and Tips
- Stick to the pass line: These bets are the best for beginners and offer a decent house edge. The pass line is also not so difficult to learn and can win you some cash in real money craps.
- Use the 3-point molly system: This system protects your pass line bet by having three numbers working for you.
- Avoid proposition bets: These bets may be tempting with their large payout potential. However, the house edge gives you a slim chance of winning.
- Avoid the Big 6 or 8: The better alternative to this bet is to wager a place bet instead on 6 or 8. This has a house edge of 1.5% instead of 9% on the Big 6 or 8.
Glossary for Craps
- Any Deuce: This is a bet that wins if a 3 is rolled.
- Boxcar: This refers to bets placed on rolling a 12.
- Come-out roll: The first roll in every game of craps.
- Craps: Craps is the name of this casino game and also refers to rolling a 2, 3 or 12.
- Dealer: The person in charge of the craps table and taking bets in real cash craps.
- House edge: A calculation referring to the advantage that online craps casinos have over players.
- Shooter: The player who rolls the dice on the craps table.
- Snake eyes: This is a slang term for rolling double ones, also known as Aces.