Baccarat is the simplest table game you can play at any online casino. In this game of Punto Banco, or player versus banker, the hand closest to the total of 9 wins. Other common baccarat variants are Chemin de Fer and Banque. Crazy Vegas Online Casino invites all players to explore the great winning potential in this card game by playing it for FREE at leading online casinos!
Online baccarat is a classic internet gambling game choice for its house edge that is lower than other casino games. Players can bet on any hand they think will win. This includes betting on their own hand, the hand of the banker or a tie bet result.
Best Online Baccarat Casinos USA
100% up to $300
+ 300 Free Spins
1300+ Slots and 98% Payout
100% up to $800
400+ Slots and 98% Payout
100% up to $1500
500+ Slots and 98% Payout
100% up to $1600
500+ Games and 98% Payout
200% MATCH BONUS
700+ Games and 98% Payout
Winning with Online Baccarat Basics
It’s easy to grasp the baccarat basics, and once you do, you’ll be able to play this table game like a pro. Online baccarat requires no real skill or strategy. Players simply have to follow these steps to start winning instant real cash prizes:
Step 1 – Place Real Money Baccarat Bets
Place your bets on either your hand, the banker’s hand or a tie.
Step 2 – Receive Cards
The banker will deal out two cards each. Cards are scored in the following way:
- Aces: 1
- Face Cards and 10: 0 (have no value)
- 2-9: Carry their face value
Step 3 – Count Card Values
Card values that go over 9 into double digits, lose their first digit to make the hand total. (14 = 4)
Step 4 – Count Final Hand
The highest card value wins, unless there is a tie.
Playing Online Baccarat for Real Money
Baccarat can be enjoyed for free or players can also bet with real money for lucrative payouts. In this game, you always have a chance to win. If your hand loses the round but you were lucky enough to bet on the banker’s hand, you can still win. This is what makes online baccarat one of the best casino games to play for real money. Below are the winning payouts for each hand you bet on successfully:
- Bets on the Player pay 1:1.
- Bets on the Banker pay 1:1 – 5% commission.
- Any tie bet pays 9:1
When playing baccarat for real money, always remember the odds of the game. The player’s bet wins only 49.3% of the time. However, the banker’s bet wins on average more times with 50.58%. Tie bets on the other hand have a 44.62%-win average.
History of Baccarat Online USA
The original baccarat game was a form of Italian baccarat. The word baccarat means “zero”, when translated from the Italian language. The first baccarat game was played with tarot cards. This game has come a long way since it was played by a gambler named Felix Falguiere in the middle ages.
As the game grew more popular, it was adopted all over Europe and America. Common baccarat variants include Chemin de Fer, as it was known in the Casino Royale blockbuster, and Punto Banco. Today there’s no need to travel around the world to play these common baccarat variants. Top-rated online baccarat casinos offer players all these popular variants in one place.
Popular Online Baccarat Terms
- Baccarat: The name of the game actually refers to the worst possible hand. This is a hand of consisting of two cards that amount to zero.
- Bankroll: A term used in baccarat and all casino games to refer to the total amount of money a player has to bet with.
- Chemin de Fer: This is a popular variant of baccarat that originated from European casinos.
- Commission: A fee charged when a baccarat player wins from betting on the banker. This fee is usually 5% of your winnings. This is to compensate for the decreased house edge of this casino game.
- House Edge: A mathematical calculation for the advantage a casino has on a bet.
- Natural: When a player receives a hand of 8 or 9. This hand wins instantly and ends the round.
- Punto Banco: Another popular baccarat variation which originated from South America.
- Push: This is a bet that hasn’t won or lost anything and gets carried over to the next round.