It’s always a good idea for players to know the basic blackjack strategy. Even experienced blackjack players can benefit from a strategy refresher. By gaining an understanding of this basic blackjack strategy, players automatically eliminate the small percentage the house usually has over unskilled players. As a seasoned player, or a player brand new to the game, you will want the best odds. Having a basic blackjack strategy in your back pocket will give you an edge over other players and boost your chance to win real money!
Here are something you should know
- A “hard” hand is one that either has no aces or has aces that are forced to count as point, lest the hand bust. A “soft” hand is one with at least one ace, which may still count as one or eleven points.
- With a hard 10 or 11, double if you have more points than the dealer, treating a dealer ace as 11 points. Specifically, double with 10 against a two to nine, and with 11 against two to 10.
- If you need to double, but you have three or more cards, or table rules don’t allow soft doubling, then hit, except stand with a soft 18.
- If the strategy says to surrender (16 vs. 10), but you can’t for whatever reason, then hit.
- If the strategy says to “not split,” then treat the hand has a hard total of 8, 10, or 20, according to the pair in question.